Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Let me tell you how beautiful Wichita is, just in case you never thought of it as a pretty town. Last evening I flew in over Manhattan, over Marion Lake, Hillsboro, Newton, and Maize! As we continued to descend over the city toward the airport I noticed all the little neighborhood ponds and the wide streets. The whole city seemed to sparkle. Maybe I've been gone too long! We are just so blessed to live in such a beautiful place.

Here is what I say walking down the ramp at the airport:

There were so many people there to greet us. I was surprised that so many people came to see us return at quitting time, 5pm.

I wasn't expecting to see Richard. I'm so glad that he was there. It was one of the highlights of the day. Theo is DONE being held. It was too much for him all day. He didn't sleep at all for nearly 22 hours.
Thank you to Carissa for taking these great photos. We were too caught up in the moments to think about getting the camera out.
I'm so happy to be home and reunited with my husband. Can you tell?

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are home - safe and sound with two precious treasures! Praying that the next weeks will be calm and restful. Praying too that the little guys will adjust easily to their new world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't have a big greeting committee (I asked people to stay back because the kids were so scared and overwhelmed), but OH, how I remember the feeling of descending over Wichita -- and RUNNING down that ramp and into the arms of my husband. Welcome home, dear one. Welcome HOME!!! -- Beth (Newton)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was my pleasure to take the pictures for you. Thank you for sharing such a special moment with me, even though we've only met a couple of times. I hope we can get to know each other better ... after you get some rest and the boys acclimate to their new home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, my eyes are tearing up! What a sweet reunion and start of a beautiful life for your precious boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home!! It feels like you've been gone forever! I'll be praying for rest and smooth transitions. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. smile, smile, smile, tears, tears, tears
    I am sooo glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying God continues to surround your family giving you what you need each day. I have followed your blog since committing to Lera but never commented but your entry of homecoming has tears of joy for your family and tears of anticipation for ours. May God richly bless your continuing journey of love. WELCOME HOME NANCE FAMILY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so happy to see you all made it home safe and sound!!!!!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP