Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Time. Time for me to beg. One last time.


I wish I had time to write and ponder and edit and muse over what I'm about to say. I'll probably miss a few things and I won't be very eloquent. I don't have time. Time is a luxury.

Time is nearly up.

For Masha.

I got a call from the school district at about 5:30 am today to tell me that school would be cancelled. Do they really think I needed to be woken up on a day that I don't have to GET up so early? Anyway, I took the opportunity to check my email and this is what I found:


"We saw Masha today and were playing peek a boo with her and laughing with her etc. Oh my gosh the doctors from the institution were there to give her a physical for her transfer to the institution."

Days. Days people! She has a few days left at her baby home, the only home she has known. In the dead of winter she will be loaded in a van with the other dear children that are out of precious time and taken away to an even more loveless and hopeless environment.


I think it would be possible to delay this. There are people who might possibly have the influence to delay this. Oh, it's such a long shot that I hate to even write it down!! But, I have to. She's special to me. Ya know? My heart is breaking and I can't stop crying. She needs a family in the next day or so.


If there is one thing I've learned over the years, and trust me I've learned A LOT, it is that things are not always what they seem. Why? Because we are walking by sight and not faith. Masha is not only what you see in her description. She is a living breathing doll. EVERYONE who has seen her and played with her has fallen in love with her. She has something special and not ONE SINGLE fiber of my being believes that she is destined to live out her life in a mental institution.


OK, I'm using a lot of caps, huh? I just don't know how to convey how awesome she is and how devastated I am. Please, I'm begging you to help me help Masha...one last time. Can you email, tweet, blog, and FB her face and her story? I know she has a family out there.


And don't give me the "you can't save them all" and don't EVEN give me the "maybe it's God's will" crap today.


I will never stop trying to save them all.


And God's desire for orphans is abundantly clear in his Word:


Proverbs 24:11 - Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter.


James 1:27 - Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.




I could go on and on...but time's up.

12 comments:

  1. Oh Stephanie - this is PERFECT!!! I have been crying since I read Shelly's post. AAAGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! I too am trying to figure out what to post and you did such a great job!!! Thank YOU!!!! I know her Mom and Dad are just moments away from committing to her. PLEASE GOD!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. No, no, no, no! This can't be happening. She's so tiny and frail (from what I can tell from the photos), she can't be sent to the institution. Please!

    I am praying that someone will hear your call to save Masha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for sweet Masha. What are her health issues?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stephanie!
    Will you please email me at orangecrayon7 at gmail.com? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Masha now has a $17K grant!!! Now where is her family?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your don't give me the 'you can't save them all' and 'maybe it is God's will' crap. LOVE.
    He longs for them to be in loving families. He sets the lonely in families. WE JUST HAVE to be willing to OBEY. through faith and obedience.
    will share your link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do I find out more about Masha?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where can I go to inquire about Masha? Hubby and I adopted 3 kids with special needs 3 years ago and have talked about adding to our family. My email is Shannon72100@hotmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is listed on reeces rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  10. "You can't save them all" and "maybe it's God's will" "crap"!!! AMEN!! That's exactly what it is! Just found your blog. Will pass this along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was adopted as a small child and I believe strongly in adoption. I cannot afford to adopt (barely keeping my head above water at this time...thank God!) but maybe someday if the right conditions are present in my life, I will adopt. I would feel honored and so blessed! :) God bless you for doing all you are to rescue these precious little ones. :)

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP