Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Handbook

There is a handbook created by Reece's Rainbow for families who are planning to travel to Ukraine to adopt. It has been an irreplaceable asset for us. However, there are some practical things that it doesn't cover. I mean, really, it could be hundreds of pages long and still not cover everything, right?

Also, there are some specific information that solely pertains to the city I am in which would be very nice for families to know about. Like, which bus stops closest to the orphanage? Where is a good restaurant and how do I order?

I've started a blog to share some of this kind of specific information with families who are coming to Simferopol. It is a private blog, intended only for families who are officially committed to a child here.

If you have been here and you have some tips you would like to share, please leave me a comment here. If you are committed to a child here and would like an invite, please leave a comment here as well. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I would LOVE an invite! We are committed to "Cordelia" in 37 through RR.

    Ashli
    www.everlyngrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI!!!!!
    Would LOVE an invite! I bet you cant wait to get the boys home! It seems so odd that we were just there 3 weeks ago......it seems like forever! I have much I could share with future moms and dads traveling to Simferopol!!!
    Was Alec in Denis's group??? They told us no??
    you have my email
    Nance

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP