Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The theme of my life this week is "50 Ways to Screw up Paperwork."

OK, I'm exaggerating. I am learning a lot though. First, don't have the instruction page signed and notarized and not the actual form. Second, just go ahead and use blue ink for everything. Third, make certain that your notary does not stamp over anything, including the words "notary stamp!"

My notary is so sweet. She is just the nicest lady, but very busy. I'm so apologetic about having to bring her the same set of paperwork over again. But, my boys' lives depend on me getting these papers done correctly. I'm learning how that feels.

Add to this the fact that James is out of town this week. I was hoping to have some letters ready to send to Eastern Europe yesterday. Now, it will be Friday, IF I'm willing to drive to Topeka for authentications on the day before my first home study visit!

Is it possible to love someone you have only seen in photos? Is what I'm feeling for these boys true love? I'm believing that it is and that it is God given. I think that the struggle we go through to actually get to them is just making it stronger.

5 comments:

  1. ;) I believe God does give us a love for our little ones. I know that I dont know the REAL "little G" but I know that once we do meet God will take care of the rest. Today I posted the first pic I got of her 18 mos ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the love is real!
    btw... we drove to Topeka to get the appostilles in person. A long drive to spend five minutes in the office getting it done, but SO worth it!!! The woman there who does it (at least the woman who was there back on 06) was so sweet and wonderful and even delayed leaving for her lunch break to get it done for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted you to know that I lift your family up in prayer daily. I'm thrilled to be working with you! God is calling you and He will equip you! And yes, it is totally normal to fall in love with a picture. We did it:)
    ~Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've only messed up your paperwork 50 ways!!! Come on, I think I surely must have done better than that!! So help me, I think we re-did my husband's medical 6 times. But love for that little sweetie that you have only met by picture continues to push you on. I am really enjoying your blog, by the way.
    Joy,RR

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP