Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Inch by inch.

Today we had 14 documents notarized. I'm so glad our notary didn't pass out when she saw us coming!

One of the documents was a redo. This form had very little room for the notary stamp. We both nearly cried when she stamped over the footer of the letterhead the first time. This time she was extra careful and did a practice stamp on a blank piece of paper. I think she held her breath when she did the stamp, and...it was perfect! I didn't tell her, but I had an extra form...just in case!

When I think about the fact that all of these doc's, and more yet, have to be apostilled, I get a little grumpy. I called the lady at the Sec. of State's office to see if I could get a volume discount. Funny, right? It never hurts to ask. Umm, the answer was no.

Later in the day, one of the pastors from our church called on the phone. He wanted to ask how the adoption plans were coming along, and to let me know that the church is supportive and will be discussing how they might be able to help us. Isn't that nice? It is important to me to have their support. This adoption is really bigger than me, bigger than my family, bigger than these two precious boys. I don't even know where it will take me.

I'm certain that God won't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP