Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hello Facebook Friends!!

Now that we have made all of our official face-to-face announcements it is time to take this blog to the next level. Facebook, of course!

Hello Facebook friends! I have such exciting news! Our family is in the process of adopting two young children with Down Syndrome from Eastern Europe. I started this blog to allow you walk beside us as we take this journey.

Alec
Zhenya

The moment that Ralph was born and the midwife said the words "Down Syndrome", I had a flash of clarity. It was one of those defining moment. I crossed a threshold. There was no going back to the way things used to be.

But it was OK. That was really the beginning of this journey.


As I began to research Down Syndrome, I came across an international Down Syndrome orphan organization called Reece's Rainbow. I was stunned to learn of the multitude of babies with Down Syndrome rejected by their mothers, unwanted and unseen by society, neglected and malnourished, clinging to life with often unrepaired heart defects.


Babies like my Ralphie. How could this be?


In a world filled with followers of Christ, how can this be happening?

James 1:27 says, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

We aim to be "doers" of God's word. Will you walk with us?

5 comments:

  1. i'm so excited for your family! i'm learning so much from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful person you are to be adopting these boys. Good luck with your journey and enjoy every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These children will be blessed because your taking the steps to give them a better life and you and your family will be blessed in countless ways by their presence. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you have this blog. Zenya has a special place in my heart and I would just love to wee how his "story unfolds"

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP