Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Friday, March 19, 2010


Nearly everyone I've talked to lately knows someone who has adopted a child. Isn't that crazy? Everyone knows someone who has done it, but none of them have done it themselves!


I don't know what the statistics are, or even where to find the numbers, but I'll bet a lot of people consider adopting a child. Grab any average Joe, or Jane, off the street and ask them, "Have you ever considered adopting a child?" I'll bet many of these people would say that the thought had crossed their mind.


Fewer probably have a long held, secret desire to adopt. How many of these souls are there? They have pushed that desire aside for any number of reasons. Maybe they think that they are too old, too poor, too busy or what ever. Maybe they just risk getting their heart broken again.


I've talked to more than a couple of people this week that have that long suppressed desire to adopt. That little spark is still there in their heart. If this is you, I hope that I have been encouraging.

She needs a mommy and daddy! Isn't she a beauty?



Real people do this thing called adoption. Average people. Married people and singles, too. People with small homes and small bank accounts. People with big hearts.



It is not a pipe dream. It is an emergency! Children are languishing, abused, starved for love, attention, care, and yes, food. Millions of them.



I'm convinced that there are enough good intentioned people in this world to make a difference, to make a dent. Could you be one of those people?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP