Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Thanks!

I have so enjoyed reading adoption blogs over the past few years. Starting with Emma and Micah, and Dennis and many others to my current favorite, Finding Hunter. Honestly, there are so many that I could just read adoption blogs all day long and avoid any serious and pressing household chores. Not that I would ever do that!

I'm so thankful for people who keep adoption blogs and I just want to say "thanks!"

Thank you for sharing your high points as well as moments of despair. I am better prepared to deal with twists and turns that undoubtedly await me.

Thank you for your stories of the colorful people you meet along the way, taxi drivers, waitresses, facilitators, bureaucrats, orphanage caregivers and directors. I have a better appreciation for the people I will meet along the way and effective ways to relate with them.

Thanks to you I will remember to order my pizza without mayo and water without bubbles!

Thank you for the photos and unvarnished, detailed descriptions of EE apartments, squatty potties, train cars, open air markets and more. I'm better equipped to survive and even enjoy traveling in an unfamiliar culture.

Thank you for sticking your neck out to get photos of other children for their waiting families. Thank you for getting new and better photos of other children so they have a better chance of finding a family.

Thanks to you I have a love and appreciation for the people and culture of Eastern Europe, the land of my new children. I hope that I can live up to your example and pass this appreciation on to others.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP