Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Zhen's first barn party!

Last night was Zhen's first barn party! In all fairness, it was Theo's first barn party too, but he was sleeping in his car seat the whole time so he didn't get to experience it in the same way.

Here is young master Zhen (Don't quite know why we call him that, it just sounds cool. We say master Theo, too!) in the barn. You can see the entrance to the secret tunnel which he had zero interest in exploring. Still haven't found the shoes that he will keep on!


Classic Zhen face.

Ralph thought that it was chilly and that Zhen needed his hood on. What a great brother!


Another classic Zhen face! Big brother Richard joined us tonight. Always great to have him home.

It got dark very quickly after that photo. We roasted hot dogs over a fire, which sounds like fun except that I got my face roasted too. And smoke in my eyes. I think the spectators had more fun watching! Of course Zhen choked on his hot dog. He has very well developed self gagging skills, though, so he knew what to do.
After dinner, Zhen enjoyed the hayride tremendously! All the bumping and lurching really relaxed him. The moon was shining and the weather was pleasantly cool. It was a perfect night for his first barn party.


1 comment:

  1. He melts my heart.. After praying for him for so long, I love love love reading up on him :)

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP