Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Well, it's official.

Well, it is official.

I have found the twenty pounds that I lost in Ukraine. If only we had no air conditioning here. And I had to walk the better part of a mile to catch a bus to get anywhere. And the bus was as hot and steamy as a sauna. If only there were hills in my immediate vicinity. Unless you count highway overpasses, there are none.

I had very little desire to eat while I was in Ukraine. Since I've been home I can't seem to get enough food. It's a little scary. I've heard conspiracy theories about food additives that American food manufacturers use that make you want to eat more, and more, and more. What do you think of that?

I guess I'm also a little blue. It is really hard to go anywhere these days. Two of my big boys have gone off to college and the other is hardly ever home. It takes me a minimum of three trips to get everyone loaded in the van. So we mostly just stay home. I'm glad to be at home, but the kids need a change of scenery every now and then.

By the time I get everyone to bed I'm too tired to run to the grocery store or even to blog. I'm out of milk tonight but sitting here yawning. Something has got to give. Ya know?

2 comments:

  1. HUGS and prayers coming your way Steph! Uploading some calgon too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wanted to give you a little encouragement. you are doing an amazing job with these children. our Father is smiling down at you and these times will pass in the blink of an eye. soon you'll be able to go anywhere with all the kids and you'll miss this time when they are little. HUGS!

    tara (fellow adoptive mom and mommy to lots of little ones)

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP