Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Friday, April 9, 2010

The rollercoaster

I'm fairly certain the roller coaster I've been on this week won't be the last one I ride before this journey comes to a close. It is just tiring. And I've been disappointed in myself for not handling things as well as I should. I've mentally prepared myself for delays, for dealing with bureaucrats, for redoing paperwork ad nauseum. I'm the kind of girl that likes to keep it together. I'm not terribly emotional.

We have paperwork and fingerprints sitting in some government office. Sitting. Their own request form asks whether we need expedited processing and why. Their website says that expedited processing is not available. *sigh* Which is it?

At least this particular gov't agency actually answers their phone.

We have received some paperwork from another gov't agency in record time. The problem is that it was done sloppy. I am not about to send any documents that are not perfect to Ukraine. It would cost our sweet boys more time and we'd end up having to redo the document anyway.

This particular agency does NOT answer their phone; you must leave your name and number on their answering machine. And then you sit around the house because you know that they will call back the minute you step out the door. Which is what happened when I had to leave to pick up Ralphie from his preschool testing.

Like I said, it is a roller coaster. There are highs to go with the lows.

We received a large gift this week. This $500 will go a long way toward our final paperwork push over the next few weeks. What a blessing!

Today I took a change bucket to the credit union to cash in all the coins. This was the bucket of change donated by a group of disabled adults. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was almost $90 in this coffee can. Wow!!

I found out today that our home study draft will be done soon. Maybe tonight! I should be very excited, but I'm not gonna believe it until I see it. Now I'm even feeling like maybe I don't want to read about myself and my family. It may be quite weird.

Please remember our chip-in fundraiser. Only one week left!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I just wrote a post on my blog about your journey...directed everyone here to donate and read about your family...hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP