Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hello, new week.

Hello new week! What do you have in store for us? I'm just wondering because so many people I know are dealing with crushing heartbreak, impossible situations and loneliness. If you are the praying type, will you please remember Adeye, Lorraine, and Shelley? Jennifer, too. That's your homework. (I'll always be a teacher at heart!)

Our home study is DONE! I will get notarized copies today or tomorrow. Then we will be sending it off to USCIS for immigration approval. USCIS gets to read our home study, take our fingerprints, and look at our insurance, income, and the size of our home. They will determine whether we have sufficient resources to provide for two additional children. This could take six weeks. Or more. Or it could take two. The unpredictability really makes me insane.

Right now it doesn't really matter how long it takes. There is little chance that we will get to travel any time soon. The volcano in Iceland could make travel to Europe difficult for months. Always the planner and schemer, I've been looking at alternative air routes to Eastern Europe; alternative as in, not flying through Germany. Un. Beee. Leave. Able. Let's just say that these alternatives are out of the question unless I have a positive reversal of fortune.

So the hard part of the paper chase is coming to a close. Now we wait on the government and work on fundraising and grant applications. Best case, we will need to come up with an additional $7,ooo. However, I'm feeling like we should be planning for worst case scenarios. Especially after this past week!

2 comments:

  1. Yup, this is the hardest time in the adoption process....after the paperwork is done and all that's left to do is wait. And wait. And wait some more. What helped me keep my sanity was remembering that God had a plan for every step of the process. I immersed myself in projects around the house that I had neglected during the paper chase (BIG projects like painting, landscaping the yard, etc). I also tried to focus on building my relationship with my other kids and my husband, which I had also neglected during the searching & paperwork stages. My efforts weren't *always* successful in keeping my thoughts busy and patient, but it helped. :)

    Praying this stage of your journey goes smoothly and is completed in God's perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Patrice's comments. RIght now I have major lists of things that were left undone through the paper process, neglected as we waited and had a dark rainy winter.(literally and emotionally) My sewing machine is open with a mess around it, the front garden has been tilled(the weeds were so bad it was the only option.)kitchen is halfway painted and I have curtians to sew after the handmade purses that have been requested are sewn.......
    God has met us where we are at and continues to provide all we need. Praying blessings over you as you continue to run the race!

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP