Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A New Day

Today was a brand new day, complete with fresh mercies. Yesterday was a real stinker.

I received redone police clearances yesterday and couldn't believe my eyes. It was the same errors all over again. I was in the blackest of moods. On top of being frustrated, I got the feeling that they weren't returning my phone calls.

How on earth was I going to get these required documents done to the stringent specifications that I needed?

I'm a fixer. I'm a project girl. Maintenance drives me nuts. Take the dishes for instance. It kills me to have done all the dishes and they just get dirtied up again. I like to paint, plant, sew and build, things that get done and stay done. I'm also used to being in charge. My husband travels a lot so I'm used to being independent and in charge.

Having this paperwork incomplete and being dependent on the good graces of someone else to get it done nearly did me in yesterday. I could feel my blood pressure ratcheting up!

I guess some lessons I may never completely learn.

Today I received the police clearances in the mail. And they were done correctly. (Well, the gold sticker isn't quite right, but close enough I think) All of a sudden the birds are chirping and all is right with the world.

I'm feeling pretty sheepish and apologetic. When will I learn that I'm not in charge. I'm not independent. I'm not at the mercy of a mid-level bureaucrat. God is in charge and I'm fully dependent on Him. I ought to know this by now.

1 comment:

  1. we even learned that in spite of the timeframe the offiials gave somehow our papers had to accidentally end up on top. Instead of weeks to a month it was days. that is how we kept plugging on when the officials in Ecuador kept dragging their feet. What really helped me was a Bible study about Esther in the Bible By Beth Moore.

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP