Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mini Q&A

Did you hear about the 7 year old boy whose adoptive mother sent him back to Russia? Are your boys in Russia?

Yes, I have heard. The story, as reported, leaves me with more questions than answers. It's bad enough that there are so many orphans in Russia, but the fact that one woman can spoil their chances of finding a family makes me feel quite ill.

No. Our boys are not in Russia.



When will you get to bring them home?

We must travel to meet our boys and have a court date. After that there is a waiting period before we can bring them home. If all goes well, we may get to travel in June.



Do they know you are coming? Do you have any new photos or updates?

We do not know if the orphanage director knows that we are coming or not. I'm not sure if it would make any difference anyway until our paperwork is sent over and translated.

We do not have any new photos or updated information about the boys. However, there are several families in the process of adopting from their particular orphanage. There is a chance that we will get some new photos or other information soon. Wouldn't that be nice? I'd love to have some photos to liven this space up a bit. You don't really want pics of my piles of rejected paperwork, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP