Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

In my hands...

In my hands I hold a signed, notarized, completed home study!

I never imagined that it would take this long. I made many mistakes along the way. I'm just disappointed in myself that I wasn't better prepared.

Next step: USCIS.

Tomorrow I'll be cashing checks from generous generous friends and taking the adoption change jar to be counted. God willing we will have enough to send our paperwork to the immigration office.

I'm also waiting on some help with this paperwork. I'm so fearful of making more costly and time-consuming mistakes. I just want to get this one really important thing right.

We will get fingerprint appointments from USCIS and after that they will, God willing, send us the "golden ticket", a paper approving our children for immigration purposes. No USCIS approval, no adoption. This is the last piece of the dossier, the collection of notarized documents we need to send overseas to the adoption authorities in the boys' country.

Pray that this next step proceeds smoothly. I've talked to a few people that have had to get our local U.S. Representative's office involved after many delays. My boys don't have time for senseless delays.

2 comments:

  1. great news. one step closer.

    is there anyone at RR that can help with paper work? just thinking it might be worth asking for someone to go through it all with you before it's sent off. I have no clue though sorry.

    praying that there are no more delays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I just need to say that I DO have an RR helper and she is great! They have a great system in place to make sure your documents are acceptable BEFORE they are sent overseas. I just think that if I got to do this over again, I would know what to do in what exact order and things would go much faster. I may have to become an RR helper myself to help guide families around some of the unique speed bumps in our area.

    Thanks for you prayers!

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP