Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

No turning back!

So thankful today that Theo and Zhen are home with us. Thankful to God for his great work of deliverance! What a blessing they are to our family! It just feels like such a privilege to be entrusted to care for them. Honestly I feel that way about all my children, but it's different with those two new boys.

Watching Theo grow stronger every day makes my heart want to burst with love and appreciation for him. I often think of the four years he spent lying in a crib 24/7. It's hard to wrap your head around that, isn't it? He's energetic and loving his freedom these days. No turning back!


Psalm 107:14-15 (New King James Version)

14 He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death,
And broke their chains in pieces.
15 Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness,
And for His wonderful works to the children of men!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my Ralphie is SO sweet giving the bottle to his brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you make theo crawl for the bottle ! I do the same thing for Taiya !! Too funny. she used to do a combination roll ,scoot, half crawl , roll thing but now she can crawl on all fours slowly ! I see how teeny he is , in the sink..his little legs are so small :( bless his heart and yours mommy !! Your a hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at him go! You are both so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful mummy you are. Theo is really do so very well. xx

    cathy

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP