Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Eating - orphanage style

Zhen takes his food very seriously. He doesn't lose interest in eating until the food is gone. He eats like a champ!


I have made a point to feed him whenever possible. It is a sweet way to show him attention and affection. However, he is quite skilled with a bowl and spoon!

Tonight he is using the metal bowl and an extra large spoon. We call this eating "orphanage style."

Actually, it could easily be called Eastern European style. Every time I ordered soup or stew over there I was given a HUGE spoon. Mmmmm. I could go for a big bowl of borscht right about now!


3 comments:

  1. Love it! He's so adorable. I'll bring back some borscht for you. :-) Now it's finally cool enough for you to enjoy a bowl of hot soup too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmmmm....borscht. I make it myself but just not the same as one super restaurant in Kiev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell you - if you go get Brady and Heath you can have a bowl of Borscht EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP