Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Two little weeks.

Two weeks. Two weeks from now, God willing, James and I will be on an airplane over the Atlantic ocean.

Two weeks never seemed so short!

We really have so very much to do. It's making my head swim so instead of actually doing something productive, I find myself searching for baby names or reading other families' adoption blogs! ARGHH!!

I'm going to bed early tonight and I'm going to attack my to do lists with a vengeance tomorrow. Here are some of the items on the list:
- complete financial aid paperwork for Richard. He will most likely be away at college before I return! :(
- make meal plans for two weeks and cook a few things to freeze
- put the rules of the house down in writing. I don't want to come home to a wrecked house and spoiled children.
- make a spreadsheet for Ralph's medication. I need to implement this right away. I want a box initialed every time he gets his meds. That way I know who gave it and when. This is so easy to mess up when chaos reigns.
- re-read the adoption handbook and make a packing list.
- shop for enchilada ingredients. I'm out of everything and I have more deliveries to make tomorrow!
- sell more enchiladas! We are still $3000 short and need to find it before we leave!
- order new money. The country where we are traveling likes crisp new bills only. We need to put in an order at our bank soon, in case it takes some time.

OK, there's more, but I'm going to stop before I get thoroughly depressed.

On the bright side, this blog may actually get interesting soon. I can't wait to post photos! Won't that be fun? Some people take photos of all the food they order. Are you even interested in that? Just wondering. I still need to find a camera to take with us!

I'll put that on the list.

1 comment:

  1. When you get your meal plan menu up would you send it to me???? I have no idea how to leave food for my son and my Dad (who lives next door).... Totally stumped in that department! 12 DAYS - FOR YOU 13 DAYS.... I can't wait to hug you over there! I am so glad that there is another family traveling at the same time we are!!

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP