Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Good news! Bad news.

What do you want first? The good or the bad?

OK, the good.

I wanted to tell you before now, but this week was just nuts! The combination of heat, humidity and baseball is sapping my strength!

Here it is: Our dossier was submitted on Thursday! This means that all of our paperwork was translated (I'll bet that was fun!) and turned over the adoption authorities in Alec and Zhenya's country! We should be given a travel date in a few weeks. I like to think of it as an invitation!

The bad news isn't that terrible. We only have a few (3-6?) short weeks left to come up with the rest of the money we need to travel. We have instituted austerity measures here at home, such as oatmeal for breakfast. ;) We are planning on traveling as cheap as possible. No fancy hotels and taxis for us, nope. Studio apartments, public transportation and much walking is in our future.

I'm still making enchiladas if anyone is interested! I figure if I make and sell 300 dozen we'll be good to go! ha!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the public transportation and walking, just be carefull of the dogs!! hehehe! We will be in region hopefully wednesday and I will let you know how much things cost for us. Depending on when your date is we just may see eachother somewhere along the way! Good luck with selling the enchiladas!
    Nance

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP