Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Monday, May 10, 2010

News

I have news! We received fingerprint appointment notices today.

June 2.

June?

June.

Does that seem like a long way off to you? Because it seems so far to me.

June 2 is Alec's birthday. He turns four that day. His orphanage has been known to transfer children to an adult mental asylum on their birthday. Dear Lord in heaven this crushes my heart.

There are families who started their adoptions about the same time as we did that are all ready home with their children. I imangined at first that we would be travelling in May. Now it is looking like July or even August.

Here is where I try to make myself feel better by listing the reasons we can't travel that soon anyway. My son Richard is graduating this month! I would feel terrible if I had missed that. June is the big baseball season around here. With five children playing on five different teams it's going to be a crazy month. Add to that the fact that the ball fields are spread out around town! I would feel bad if someone else had to manage that mess of a schedule. Also, we have not yet secured the necessary funds. More about that later.

But, it is not about me and how I would feel.

It is about saving two little boys and giving them a life. Whatever I have to do to accomplish this mission will be worth the trouble. Which is why I have emailed USCIS and asked if there is anyway to get the fingerprints done sooner. Maybe they have a cancellation or a last minute reschedule? Would you pray for us to find favor with the officials at USCIS? And with our Father?

It cannot hurt to ask, right? I'll soon find out.



James 4:2 (NIV)
You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but
you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because
you do not ask God
.

1 comment:

  1. Okay - I called the USCIS office and BEGGED... In Virginia you can't even contact the USCIS office except by e-mail. Because I begged and told Aaron's story (he is already transferred) to the person on the phone.. . they transferred me to the next person in line. I begged that person - TRULY BEGGED! They agreed to contact the USCIS office AND THEY DID! The next day they moved my appointment up! SO BEG!! CALL THE USCIS OFFICE AND BEG LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER BEGGED BEFORE! Cry.. rant..rave and tell them that you are afraid your little guy will be transferred into hell itself!! I will pray that God will move this mountain for you!

    I'm Julia - adopting Aaron!!! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP