Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Notary trouble

Today I called my friend who offered to be our notary for this adoption. Unfortunately her notary expires this year. Eastern Europe requires that the notary not expire within one year. Drat!

Our medical form will need notarizing. The doctor has to sign in the presence of a notary! But the notary at the doctor's office expires in April!

I called the city office but the clerk who is a notary was not there. They gave me the name of a city council person who is also a notary and guess what? I know her!

She is a nice Christian woman who volunteers at the Pregnancy Crisis Center. When I told her what we were trying to do, she was very supportive and had kind words to say about people with Down Syndrome. Her notary doesn't expire until December 2012!!! Yay!! AND she said that she would come with us to get our doctor's signature!

I'm having some time management trouble. I'm always thinking and stressing about the paperwork, but it's not getting done. So, I decided to set the timer for myself like I do for the children. I work on the paperwork and phone calls for one hour and then I put it aside to fully concentrate on other things for awile. I hope this helps me to get all the i's dotted and t's crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP