Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Busy!

Sometimes I say that if the devil can't make you bad he will make you busy! But I'm busy on God's errand, isn't that OK?

Seriously, I don't know where the days go. And it seems like I'm not really making progress on getting the house tidied up. I have so much paperwork and paperchasing to do.

Last week we took James mother out to eat so that we could let her in on our plans. I was surprised at how well she took the news. We let her know that we were going to need her support during the process and help with the other children while we were out of the country.

Funny, Wesley is going to Thailand in April. We are going to Eastern Europe. Her best friend is going to Greece, I think. It doesn't seem fair that she doesn't get to go half-way around the world, too!

We now have all of our paperwork submitted to our social worker. Our FBI clearance was overnighted to West Virginia on Monday. Our Voice of Hope donations and Promise Trust money has been sent in to Reece's Rainbow. I finally received our dossier on Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP