Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Anxiety

Tonight I'm feeling very anxious. I have been looking into the eyes of a beautiful child for almost two years now. Ok, it's a photo. But, those eyes haunt me.

Now we are preparing to commit to adopt him!

But, the paperwork. The money. It does not seem to be happening fast enough.

What if someone commits to him before we get our paperwork done? In my head I know that I could accept it. It's all about the kids, right? But my heart. Oh, my heart. I'm loving him already.

I'll bet this won't be the last time I feel like my heart might break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP