Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Here we go.

I have paperwork that I need to be doing right now, but this couldn't wait another day. I want to document this journey from the very start even though I cannot share it with the world right now.

For two years I have prayed for the children on Reece's Rainbow. For two years I watched many come home to loving families. Some went home to their Father in Heaven. Most are still waiting.

My sweet husband knows my heart. He knows that I know we don't have the money to adopt a child. It is obscenely expensive. He also knows that my heart would never stop hurting for these beautiful unwanted children. He knows that if this is what God wants for our family that He will make a way.

So here we are.

At my 40th birthday dinner-date he agreed that we will move forward with plans to adopt from Eastern Europe. There are a couple of angelic looking little boys that are facing the institution very soon. One of the boys has a large grant fund. Sad to say, that grant money makes a difference or we would probably be committing to another boy.

Time is wasting. Paperwork is calling.

I can't wait to make this journey public. It's going to get interesting, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP