Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Burden


When I was in Ukraine last year, I saw what I saw. And I can't forget it. And it wasn't a mistake. It was ordained. It was presented to me. Revealed to me. When it was presented to me, it became my problem.

No, not mine alone, but mine nonetheless. And now I've got to figure out what to do about it.

Here are some other people and organizations who are sharing the burden with me:

  1. My neighbor, Rachel. Well, almost neighbors anyway! She's just 30 minutes down the road from me. She is adopting L'il V from St. P*te.

    Rachel is a lovely young single lady with a huge heart for orphaned children. She has a few fundraisers going on to help get over the final financial hump. Won't you visit her blog and give her some encouragement?

  2. My friend, Faith, who is adopting again! This time saving a handsome young man with Down Syndrome, named Josiah, who was just transferred to a mental institution. Time is of the essence here people. Children who are transferred to institutions like his often develop mental illness. Some awesome young ladies are hosting a giveaway fundraiser for Josiah HERE.

  3. A new special needs school has opened in Crimea, the southernmost region in Ukraine. You can sponsor children by assisting with their tuition HERE. These are children that otherwise might be stuck at home with no opportunity for an education, or worse, abandoned to life in a mental institution.

  4. Don't forget about Project TLC. Serving the very least of the very least is what TLC does.
Won't you take a look at some of these links and help bear the burden, too?


2 comments:

  1. We will also be adopting two little ones from U* but we are not saying who yet until the end of the month. I can hardly wait to make the annoucement!
    http://becauseyouareloved.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! You will be forever changed!

    When adopting from U though, you need to be cautious and alert for red flags. If something feels manipulative and controlling, find independent, Godly advisors to help you keep your head on straight. A pastor or an attorney, for example. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP