Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Another Theo?

How many of you have been touched by Theo and his amazing transformation?


It's really a miracle. Wouldn't you agree? I wish you could all meet him in person. I wish you could see how much I adore him.


How many of you were so moved that God has opened your heart to the possibility of adoption?

I'm aware that there may be a hundred Theos, probably many more. We know they exist, but we can't help them because we don't know where they are. They are hidden away behind walls of concrete as well as ignorance and shame.

But, what if?

What if you were made aware of a child like Theo? A child that was not in good condition. Not in a great situation. But, so full of promise. So tough. So loved by the God that created him.

Today I was made aware of such a child. Oh my heart!

I keep thinking how amazing it would be for someone who was inspired by Theo or Carrington to say "YES!" to this little boy. Perhaps someone already has.

But, I wonder how many of you are talking yourself out of rescuing a child like Theo. Your house may be too small. You don't think you could afford it. Your other children would suffer. I've heard it all. I've said it all myself!

Would you like more information? Email ProjectTLC@cox.net.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP