Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Pray for Victoria and her sweet family...

The firework stands are open for business in our little town. June is nearly finished. Project TLC has just a few more weeks to raise funds to distribute aid to Belogorsk in July. We are starting so small, but have high hopes. God will provide. Thank you for your prayers and support.

Tonight I would like to turn your attention to sweet Victoria. She was recently adopted from Ukraine and came straight off the airplane to the hospital. You can read more about her family's journey on their blog HERE. She's severely malnourished and dehydrated. Sound familiar?

I don't know if you can imagine the disappointment and difficulty they are going through right now. After having mommy gone for weeks and weeks, she's still not home. Dad HAS to go to work. When I was in Ukraine for 40 days last year, the outpouring of support and love was so amazing that I was afraid to ask for help when I found myself stuck in the hospital with a emaciated and malnourished Theo.

I don't even want them to have to ask for help. Let's show some big love and care to this beautiful family. Check Carrington's BLOG to find out how you can help.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, this poor family. I cant imagine. We were so exhausted and overwhelmed without the added stress of a hospital stay......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beyond difficult to go from one institution (orphanage) to another (hospital). I'm so glad that Victoria's family is getting some assistance! :)

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP