Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Field trip!

Theo and Zhen have been to the zoo before, but they haven't really experienced it yet. Yesterday the weather was so nice that we just had to make time to visit the zoo again. This time the boys had a more meaningful experience.

Theo was excited by the sheep! She how his legs are sticking straight out? And toes pointed? That is classic "excited Theo" posture.

Zhen was not too sure about the sheep. I can just imagine what thoughts might be running through his head.

"Oh no! Too close. What the heck is that fluffy thing?"

"Help!"
Theo was overstimulated after visiting the farm animals so our visit was short. He just couldn't stop fussing and crying. It always makes my heart ache when I can't figure out what he wants.

On a more positive note, Theo watched me making his bottle of Pediasure today and started clapping his hands. He may be quite delayed but he keeps making progress and showing new skills. I don't always give him enough credit.

3 comments:

  1. Praising God for outside time..... and baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! The pictures are awsome and to funny! Look at how big Theo os getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the legs in the air!

    Brooke Annessa
    www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP