Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thanks all!!


Thank you and more big smooches to everyone who participated in Andrey's chip-in event here. We raised a fantastic $460 for his grant fund! My fundraising goal is ALWAYS $20,000 for an adoption grant fundraiser, even if I'm only giving away a book or some other small prize.

Why?

Well, that is the amount of money that it would take for him to be considered "fully funded," meaning that his family would have most of their expenses covered. That's what I want for his family...the peace of mind that comes from not having to worry about whether you'll have all the funds in place when it comes time to travel.

I just randomized my list of entries and then chose a random number. The winner of The Boy from Baby House 10 is....
WENDY G.!!
Wendy G. has an interesting connection to Andrey. Here is a note she left for me on the chip-in site:

Hi Stephanie, This is Wendy (Andrea G.'s mom) here and I want to thank you for
your dedication to special needs orphans and for loving this little guy enough
to do something about rescuing him. He became so special to Andrea while she was
in Ukraine and as a result, special to me as well. God bless.

Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP