Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

More items and more good news!

Thank you Dara, for donating these beautiful earrings to give away for Masha. Aren't they pretty?
Dara is a preschool teacher in Wisconsin. She moved to the USA from Sweden 5 years ago. Back in Sweden she worked as a special education teacher for children with Down Syndrome. Thank you, Dara!

Here is a cute little taggy blankie from Shelly in Texas. Shelly and her family adopted three children with Down Syndrome from Eastern Europe about a year ago. They are adopting again and will soon be traveling to meet their two new girls. One of the girls lives in the same group of children as Masha!

Shelly has lots of these awesome sensory blankets to sell, but she has donated one for me to give away for Masha. If your name is drawn you can choose, OK?


God is so good!! He has moved many hearts to contribute to this giveaway project. He knows how much I love her and want her to possess the love of a family. He also knows how frustrated and overwhelmed and shattered my heart can be.


The need is so incredibly great for orphans in Eastern Europe. Families are getting ready to travel and are thousands of dollars short on funds. Beautiful, worthy children are being transferred to hopeless institutions. They are living, and dying, with unrepaired heart defects and other untreated medical conditions. They are abused, alone, and unloved.


I was feeling particularly low this morning. I didn't want to go to church, but of course I did go. And God met me there. Among lots of other things, I realized that I have not yet sacrificed to the point of shedding a single drop of blood. And I may never have to. I can carry this pain in my heart and still have joy.


So I wasn't a bit surprised later in the day when I checked my email that Masha now has...ta-DA!!...a $5,000 adoption grant fund. Five. Thousand. DOLLARS!! And then, almost immediately, I got an encouraging phone call from a friend who knows where I've been and where I'm coming from. Thank you, dear friend! Thanks be to God! What would I do without you?


2 comments:

  1. Five thousand dollars?!!?!
    That's simply amazing! Combined with your efforts, I bet she will get a family very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5000 $ for Masha!!
    Wooooohooooo!

    Dara

    ReplyDelete

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP