Psalm 68:5-6

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

I am Stepanie Nance. My family adopted two little boys with Down Syndrome from Ukraine in 2010. I hope to educate and to inspire you. I hope to make you laugh and to make you cry.

Come along for the ride. It's a wild one!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Saying good-bye.

Sorry, no pictures today. :( It's late and I need to get some rest.

Well tomorrow is court. Don’t know whether to be nervous or not. The adopting dad we met from Israel told us today that it will be about nine people in a tiny, hot, sweaty room. Our facilitator told us today that this is a new judge for her. She said the judge is a good judge, but that she has never been in her court before.

My mind is really a mess. I have so much to think about, ponder, and consider. I feel like I don’t have time to sort things out because we are always running to catch a bus, trying to entertain the boys, or trying to get back home.

I’ll have more time to think after tomorrow. Tomorrow evening I’ll be saying good-bye to my husband who will be headed back to the U.S.A. He’s in a terrible rush to get back to work. We really thought we would have court last week so he didn’t really plan to stay here this long. It was just completely out of our control.

It has been such a treat to have this time alone with him. We’ve not spent this much time along together in 19 years! That makes us sound really old, doesn’t it? This could have been the honeymoon that we never had, except that…how do I explain? The whole trip has been a struggle to survive. It’s sort of like the Amazing Race, if you’ve ever seen that show. You should have seen us trying to buy an airline ticket the other day! Trying to cross the street is like playing Frogger. Too funny!

Now I’ll be on my own for a couple of weeks. I won’t be spending quite so much on food without the husband! I’m happy with some cheese, bread and yogurt. But on the other hand, I won’t have him taking (sneaking) photos for me with his phone. I’ll be much more conspicuous with an actual camera. I also won't have him to gesture to the bus drivers to let them know where to let us off. *sigh*

I'm sure I'll have lots to share in the next few weeks, anyway. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP